I was worried about how much sleep we'd get in one room with two wiggly kids. It worked out, and mornings were super cute! :)
The view of Bellevue from our hotel window. Beautiful weather!!
The kids and I went with our friend Mary and her kids to the Red Robin at the docks in Seattle.
Then we went to the Aquarium. Emlyn and Mikayla loved seeing everything there!
That evening we had dinner at Luke & Mary's house. The girls ran off to play, and when it got too quiet.... we found them making dog food soup!
The girls and Alex, along with the rest of us, listened to Ian's hysterical rendition of Green Eggs and Ham
When we were on the plane, the boys were t.i.r.e.d.
Mikayla insisted on pulling a suitcase, usually she wanted two of them :)
A week after returning home... the plague hit!
A couple days passed, and while the kids were slowly getting better Ian and I were not. Ian kept having horrible fevers that made him puke, and I was getting to the point of being unable to breathe again. Death was welcoming by this time. I went to our regular doctor and found my O2 was at 86. She gave me a nebulizer treatment, told me I had a sinus infection, and prescribed me an inhaler and augmenten. She was appalled the clinic hadn't prescribed an inhaler for me the prior week. It was then I learned Z-pak is used for infections of the lungs, and amoxicillin works best for sinuses.
So... after a useless ER visit for Ian that evening, the WALGREENS clinic finally gave Ian a proper diagnosis two days later. It turns out Ian was given Z-pak for his sinus infection which did nothing for him, so he fought it on his own. Then it turned into an ear infection, and he was given amox. and finally started improving.
It was seriously a nightmare for two weeks straight. It would be a hard choice to choose between that or no epidural during labor! Still, during this time Alex remained cute...!
Mikayla turned 4 feeling super sick, look what a trooper she is! We were going to have a big ol' family bbq for her special day, but postponed it two weeks later, and had a meager celebration the day of.
Last but not least... end of the year school pictures :)
1 comment:
Boo to sickness, but I'm glad you guys are feeling better. Your kids are SO ridiculously cute, it's almost unbearable.
Post a Comment