Sunday, September 27, 2009

A month and a day, wow, that's quite the while! The main reason is I'm too lazy to shrink the photos I put on my computer. I always like to make them 2"x3" or so, and around a resolution of 150-180. I keep all the giant-sized originals in their own folder, and then the rest of my folders are somewhat organized with the edited smaller versions. I hate waiting for the big ones to upload, as well as don't like wasting hard drive space on photos I wouldn't ever print out anyway, and therefore don't need them so large... yeah... :)

Nothing terribly new in the way of stories. We've been to the zoo a couple times. It's soo fun with Mikayla being older now. She recognizes all of the animals and gets excited about them. She also gets excited at random things like a little kid or a hat. :) She got some tiger slippers, which she loves, because of the Kai-lan episode of her going to China. There's a baby wearing tiger shoes, and Mika thought they were SO cool!

Other funny Mikayla things: One day she was sitting on the couch and said "sit down mommy, sit down lap." So I pretended to sit on her lap, and she patted my back and said "good listening mommy!" On another day, my tummy hurt and I mentioned it her Mikayla. She then grabbed her plastic pumpkin that you would use for trick-or-treating and put it on my tummy and said "there, all better!", took the pumpkin off, and apparently I was fixed. LoL How she ever decided that's how you fix a tummy ache I'll never know! I assure you that's not what I've done when she's sick. LoL Let's see, what else. Mikayla loves nursery now. Sometimes she'll sit there and name off all the kids in the class. It's so cute when she's like "I get to see my fwiends tomowwow!" She also has to imitate most of what I do now. For instance, tonight I laid down on the kitchen floor with both my hands behind my head. She laid down and followed suit, and when I put one arm to my side she did so as well. Sometimes if I have certain items of clothing on she'll try to find something similar to wear. She loves helping Ian put on his shoes. She'll hold his foot and say "put it in there" and pretend to tie his laces. Can we say adorable? She's really into the Mr. Men and Little Miss books right now. She tries so hard to memorize them all... she's totally going to be an avid reader! Or memorizer... (yes, my own word creation). She's still Miss Independent and freaks out if you try to help her do anything. At least we're getting her to listen a tiny bit more though.

In other news, we cut down the dead aspen in our front yard. Ian and his dad did it, and it was rather quick too! We also used the snazzy rope pole trimmer thing and did a bit of our backyard trees. It's crazily fun to do! Destructive yard work, yeah! LoL Mikayla and I went to the park recently and flew her new kite. I forgot how much fun it was! It was a blast! We finally heard back from the insurance company... they approved my eyelid surgery! The ophthalmologist is ready to schedule it for the third full week of October. I have to get in touch with them tomorrow to finalize it. I made the mistake of watching videos of it online which was a bad idea! eww.... Ian's brother came into town yesterday and we hung out with the fam. Mikayla's favorite game was to "pick" him up and then "push" him down. He was a good sport. :) Other than that, we've just been hitting the gym consistently still. I've lost 20lbs so far and love it! (Who wouldn't?). I'm looking forward to the cool weather of fall, where it's still warm enough to enjoy being outside. It's totally the best time of year!

Here's a few random pictures of lately...



No comments: