Mikayla is definitely in the terrible two's stage. *sigh* She has to do everything on her own, and if she doesn't have the ability to do it she gets MAD. She wants what she wants and if she doesn't get it, she's MAD. Needless to say, she's been spending a lot of time in timeout lately... It was frustrating and funny last week, she came to me upstairs with her slippers soaking wet. I asked her if she put her feet in the toilet and she said "no". I went downstairs to find the toilet brush haphazardly put in the holder, and the toilet and floor soaking in water. At least she was trying to be helpful... lol
Mika's also in the MINE stage. Everything belongs to her. This also has resulted in her being in trouble. :) She also has to hold out her hand and say "no mommy! stop mommy!" *sigh* On the other hand, she has her extra sweet moments. She'll randomly say "I luf (love) you mommy". She likes to cuddle, and I'll lay my head on her and she puts her arm around my head. It's quite funny. She'll hug us and give our backs pats, but doesn't realize she kinda bangs our backs guy-style. She's into Barney right now, and sings the 'I love you' song and is soooo cute! She loves music. She also likes 'getting bugs' (strands of carpet) and saving mommy from them. If she doesn't know the words of a song she meows along to them. It's awesome. She's really good at catching things, which is fantastic. She can recognize most numbers up to 10, and most letters. Kids are so smart these days!
We went to the zoo last week with Kristal and Lanae. It was great fun! They were hosing off the elephants and Mikayla was really into that. She was really excited to see all the animals since she knows what they all are now. By the end of the trip she was ready to go home.

I've also been frustrated with napping. I try to tire Mika out before nap time, and she rarely goes down, even though she's super tired a little bit later. I read about toddlers being overly tired and unable to fall asleep because of it. So we're trying an experiment of putting her to bed earlier and see if that helps her nap. Finally yesterday I was victorious and she took a nap! (After an hour of being in her room). We'll see how it goes and adjust from there I suppose.
Other than that, not a whole lot going on other than the same ol', same ol'.
We went to the wedding of an old friend of mine, and the pictures below are of Mikayla from there. It was a very lovely wedding and her dress was gorgeous!


No comments:
Post a Comment