Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's been quite a while since I've written!

Let's see... Dacia came into town from Ireland and stayed with us her first two weeks here. I picked her up from the airport and on the way home on Hwy 36 we saw a car go off the road. No idea what happened, but other people stopped to help, so we kept on going...

My birthday also occurred during July, and we had pizza and cake and my mom's house. I finally got the tea kettle I've been wanting for two years now, and was very excited! LoL The things you enjoy when you get older. Ian gave me roses, and I splurged on some luxuries such as a haircut at Floyds, AWESOME Biolage shampoo/conditioner, and some Clinique face stuff. It's fun to have some pampering-type stuff. Ian's mom gave me some Bath & Body Works soaps, and my spa-ish collection was complete! I also got a couple Kohl's giftcards that I wound up spending sooner than I planned. I got a mattress pad and jewelry with them. I know, exciting... LoL Becca treated me to a movie, which was fun.

I went to see Harry Potter with my mom and brother last weekend. That was fun, although I wish they could have squeezed in a bit more of the Voldemort back story. Of all the movies though, I did like this one the best, and I highly enjoyed the humor.

Let's see, what else.... my 10 yr high school reunion occurred this last weekend. I/we didn't go to the saturday night event, because it was $70 to go to a random clubhouse in a random neighborhood, and considering I'm in contact with a majority of the people that I care to keep in contact with, what was the point? I did stop by the bbq picnic sunday afternoon though. I met up with a girl I was very good friends with in elementary school, and we lost track with each other once junior high came. She had just had a baby boy a couple months ago, and Mikayla LOVED the little guy. She pushed him around in his stroller and kept trying to give him his bottle. I forgot how little and light new babies are.... it makes me want another. Not yet though...

Those are some of the highlights I can recall in my current sleepy stupor. Now for pictures!


Mikayla making silly faces...

Mikayla silly in sunglasses....
Dacia and I on our pampering night...

Mikayla fingerpainting

Mikayla loves to "clean" now... she used the swiffer while I used the steam mop

No comments: