Halloween happened since I last wrote. It was SO much fun! I absolutely love Mikayla being old enough to be excited about holidays now. Since september all I heard about each day was Halloween and trick-or-treating. I'm not sure that Mika even quite had it all figured out and knew what really occurs, but she was stoked none the less. We were originally going to recycle her devil costume from last year and turn it into a pirate costume. We were at k-mart a couple days before Halloween and they had all of their costumes 50% off, and we stumbled upon a super adorable witch costume. So that's what she was instead. The day before Halloween we went to our ward party, and Mikayla didn't seem to care much until she received her first piece of candy. From that moment and through the next week, Mikayla was all about candy. On Halloween itself Mikayla loved trick-or-treating, and at each house after receiving her candy she'd say "thaaaaanks! Have a happy halloweeeeeeeen!" Sooo cute. Ian dressed up as Billy Mays. I suggested it to him before Billy passed away and we weren't sure if it was in poor taste to still be him... but it was funny so we kept it. I was the Progressive girl, and had a fun time with it!






My eyes have been healing well. They still get a bit swollen when I wake up in the morning, but that's the worst, which isn't bad at all. It'll be a couple more months before they fully heal, but I already love the difference in my vision! I did have to get a new prescription for my glasses and contacts, which coincided well since I needed to order new contacts anyway. Ian's family helped out with Mikayla when I was recovering and not allowed to do much of anything, and I'm so grateful for their ever willingness to always help us out! Thanks guys!
We've also had a couple good snows since I last wrote. The first time didn't work out for Mika to go play in it, but a week or so ago we all went to play in it. We had so much fun! Every time we through a snowball at Mika, she'd not her head and say "yeah, like that!" Such a crazy child. Ian and I are going to obtain snow pants so we can truly play in the snow. LoL One of the best things about having kids, is doing fun things you haven't done in a long time. I really wanted to build a snow fort that day!

Ian has been looking into a couple other job prospects. One is at the DTC. The other day we decided to drive down there to see what the drive would be like (25 miles just isn't as nice as 7 miles). We also spontaneously stopped by the Temple because Mikayla was talking about it. She was super excited. We walked around and snapped some pictures. Then we went out for lunch and stopped by See's. They are my absolute favorite place for chocolates. Mostly just for the Butterscotch cream. mmmm! We drove around a bit and came home for dinner. Such a wonderful day!






Yesterday Joel came by to help us scrape our ceilings, so nice of him! Even just looking at the dry wall right now looks so much bigger and brighter. Fun fun!
We took Mikayla to Chuck-E-Cheese one night. It was awesome. She loved it! Pizza, games, tickets, and toys -- she was in heaven. It was her first time there, and as with other things it's one of her favorite conversation topics now. LoL
She's concentrating so much on holding on, her tongue is sticking out!

We're about to head out to the gym, so I should wrap up. On another happy note, I only gained a pound when I wasn't able to go to the gym because of my eyes as well as being sick. Despite Halloween candy and lack of exercise -- I'm pleased. It's awesome to get back into working out again though.
Thanksgiving is this week, and I'm totally excited to have everyone over. The Broncos are playing too, fun!
Silly family shot
No comments:
Post a Comment