Thursday, January 14, 2010

Long time no post! (yet again)
Let's see... where to begin.


Mikayla found a spoon Ian's aunt had given her, and decided she needed some hotdogs...


Yeah, can we say silly?

Nana & Mika making cheesecake on Thanksgiving! Mika insists on eating batter before it's batted...

She's FINALLY letting me do something to her hair. Love the pigtails!


The carseat was inside after transferring cars, and she insisted in sitting in it for cartoon viewing


Christmas morning, reading a Kai-lan book Santa brought. Mikayla was so excited Santa came, and most of our footage is on the video camera.


Santa brought Mikayla the Leapfrog Tag pen/books. It's sooo cool! You just tap it on the page to hear stories, play games, or hear them talk. To the left, is her play kitchen Santa also brought. She spend days making us "yummies"!


Mika and Joel. She absolutely adores him!

My brother and I on New Year's Eve.

Mikayla didn't quite hold still long enough :)

Silly faces!


aww, sweet family!


The gang for New Year's Eve 2009. Peek-a-boo!


Joel shouldn't have seen the video...


Apparently I had just seen the video


Mikayla decided it was fun to sit in her bumbo. I can't believe her legs still fit!


She's a cutie!


The holidays were quite fun. Thanksgiving was a fun day with family, and normal Thanksgiving-ish stuff. The weeks before Christmas are a blur, other than Leon came into town and we pretty much had party time each day at Nana's house. We did Christmas with Ian's family right before Leon left back to Vegas, and we were down right spoiled! One thing I received and love is a crochet hook set. I started trying it out and so far have just practiced stitching with random yarn I have. I made a scarf for Mikayla's baby that uh, looks interesting to say the least. LoL I love it though, and like that I can have a creative outlet that is portable!

Christmas day started out fun, and Mikayla was thrilled with her presents from Santa. She was in awe that he drank the milk and ate the cookies. :) It's SO neat to see the magic little kids see! Later in the day we went to my mom's house to exchange presents. I think everyone had fun, I don't remember because that's when I started with the puking sickness. It took me a solid week to fully recover. At least I was healthy for New Year's Eve! We spent the evening bowling with Ian's family and my family, and later separated to celebrate the midnight part. It was fun!

Our little family obtained a cold not long after that, in time for Ian's work trip to Vegas. I hoped to accomplish more while he was gone, but I felt too icky to do much of anything. Mikayla and I were so happy when he came home! I don't know how you gals who have more kids than I and husbands who are gone much longer, can do it! Seriously, super women!

We did manage to finish scraping the popcorn off our family room ceilings, and as of now have it textured and primed! It looks immensely better, and I love the brighter, more open feeling it brings! I wish I could snap my fingers and the rest of the house would be done.

One fun, yet scary thing. I became the teacher for the CTR 6/7's in Primary this year. I have four really sweet and smart kids in my class. I was scared to teach though, because it's one thing to teach in nursery for a 5 min attention span -- 6/7 yr olds might as well have spoken a different language in my mind! LoL Three weeks in so far, and it's going okay though. I do enjoy it, and I'm enjoying doing something that's new and different for me.

A few cute Mikayla things... She has a book called "If you were my bunny" which I absolutely love, and it has very beautiful pictures. Different mommy animals sing different lullabies to their babies, and you sing them to certain lullaby tunes (i.e. Hush little baby, Lullaby and goodnight, etc). Mikayla has them all memorized and sings them all the time. We were in Target and she was standing up in the basket of the cart singing them to the store. Toooooo cute! She's randomly popped out with saying "that doesn't make any sense" lately too, which is hilarious. Ian was out with the guys last night, and I told Mikayla we were going to Sonic for dinner, and she opened her eyes wide and said "that doesn't make any sense!" LoL I can't believe how much she's grown up in a short 2.5 years!


This is a video of Mikayla playing with her kitchen on Christmas morning :)

No comments: