Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I have to say thanks for the reminder to blog -- even if it took me two days to do it. January kinda flew by, it kinda freaks me out how fast time is going! Mikayla and I went to her first ever movie theater movie which was.... interesting. We went with her new friend Noel to see The Princess and the Frog, which I am sad to say in my opinion didn't match the quality of the past animated movies. Maybe that's why 30 minutes into it Mikayla said "Move all done! I want to go to mommy's house." LoL She was somewhat disappointed we had to sit there another hour and Mika found ways to amuse herself, such as sitting on the nasty, sticky floor and getting who-knows-what all over her bum! *sigh*

In other news, Net Devil's game was featured on the cover of Westword! How nifty is that? Lego Universe will launch this year, and will be a culmination of four years of hard work... and a bit of drama here and there. :) I'm proud of Ian though, he'll have two shipped titles since graduating!




Sunday night we randomly had family music night. The music was super fantastic, let me tell you! You can't beat guitar, harmonica, drums, and maracas! LoL Rock band drum sticks work well on that snazzy Irish drum.





We have a foot massager that works fairly nicely, and Mikayla decided she needed it. She set up the whole ensemble you see before you, complete with one of her silly faces.





Mikayla is full of silly faces, as you can see below. My favorite is the last picture -- she is such a clown! I often amazed at her sense of humor at only 2.5 yrs old. Although along with that I'm amazed at what an attitude she can have at 2.5 yrs old!



We're going to work on potty-training here shortly. Nana surprised Mikayla with a potty chair, and yesterday Mikayla got to pick out Princess and the Frog and Kai-lan undies. She thought they were fancy new diapers! LoL I also taught Mika to play slap-jack, which is fun to see! In her version though, you slap any face card....

My biggest goal this year is to make my home a balanced and comfortable place. I (I'd say 'we', but we all know it's usually the woman who always wants to changes things around) decided since we only used our formal dining room every other tuesday and Thanksgiving, that I'd move it into the eating space area, and turn the dining room into a playroom. So far it's worked out well, but nowhere near complete. Mikayla loves it and has decided it's "safe" now. LoL

My mom had her siding redone a couple weeks ago, and the guy asked her if she knew anyone who built websites... how convenient her daughter does! I met up with him and we're discussing doing a trade... we're hoping to see if he'll cut out our single door for a sliding door, which of course would be FaNtAsTiC! I also met a woman whom I sold my old breadmaker to on craigslist, and she's trying to start her own business making Kulaches. She lost her job and is a bit down and out, so I offered to do a site for her for free, in exchange of using her in my portfolio... which works well because I really want to start a web design business but want a portfolio first. My biggest problem now is I am consistent in absolutely NOTHING, so I need to figure out how to be consistent in life, let alone in making time to work. I should be grateful that's my challenge as opposed to anything else. LoL

Anyway... I need to play slap-jack now, so happy Wednesday all!

1 comment:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Yeah! A Post! :)

She is getting so big! Good Luck on the Potty Training, some days are harder than others just stick to it!
:)