Easter! We went to the Broomfield easter dealio with some friends, so much fun.
Mika and I went on a date while Ian was out. We went to Casa Bonita and she had a blast!
My little girl turned THREE! How in the world am I the mother of a three year old? Where has the time even gone?? We had a fun day with Ian's family and mine coming over, who all completely spoiled Mikayla. I don't think she'll ever complain about that. :)
Over Memorial Weekend I went on a mountain retreat with some friends of mine... it was very beautiful and wonderful to have a break from real life, although I was quite happy to return!
In June Ian had a business trip. His mom, Mika and I spent the night in Colorado Springs. We tried to do quite a few things but the weather and the stupid Cave of the Winds website hindered us a bit. We spent a lot of time at the super awesome zoo though!!
Mikayla loved going inside the little hut-like houses at the zoo
The have pony rides at the Colo. Springs zoo -- super awesome!!
One of the few pictures she's ever posed with me and looked at the camera long enough for the picture to take.
We found out in June that we're going to be blessed with a little boy in our family! SUPER excited!
Fourth of July fun, before the rainy fireworks. Mikayla was afraid of them last year and kinda was this year. She watched them through the reflection of my glasses, until she noticed a 2-yr old next to us watching. Not wanting to be outdone, she watched and LOVED the fireworks.
We took a day trip to Estes Park. Normally we rent a canoe, but figured Mikayla would get over-excited about something and fall out. We opted for a Pontoon which was freakin' awesome to drive! We all had a blast on the water, especially Mika.
Other notable events -- Dacia was in town for a few weeks visiting, which was super fun! She unfortunately has any exciting pictures from that time frame. We FINALLY finished our ceilings -- as in popcorn is scraped, ceilings are textured/primed/painted -- it was an awful project but the result is fantastic! Ian had another business trip and thankfully comes home tomorrow, and I celebrated my 29th birthday while he was gone. I had the best birthday week ever -- like, seriously -- and feel so loved and grateful for all of my friends and family. :)
I'll end on this story. Mikayla had a pbj sandwich before church today and only ate half. I wrapped the other half in a paper towel and left it on the table while we were gone for to finish when we got home. We came home and let the cat inside while bringing in some shelving from the van through the front door. We let the cat back outside, and I noticed the sandwich was gone as well as a weird puddle on the table. The ONLY thing I could figure is that Kitty ate the sandwich, despite the fact it's WEIRD for a cat to want peanut butter & jelly! We went upstairs and changed, and came back down to find a squirrel running erratically on the windowsill! I tried to scare it out through the hole it tore in the screen, but it got confused and came back in. I shooed it again, and it was between the screen and the glass, so I closed the window so it wouldn't come back *in*. It looked at me with eyes that said "please help me!" and after a minute or two finally found it's way back out the hole it originally made. Like, seriously?? This only happens in my world I suppose. :)
The squirrel is frantically trying to get back out
1 comment:
Nice to see your proof of still kicking! Cute pictures!!
Post a Comment