Saturday, August 7, 2010

Potty-training. The "highlight" of my existence right now. I'm sure for most of you it's easy-peasy good fun, for me at least, it's been the hardest parenting thing outside of whining. lol I'm sure a lot of it is from being pregnant, and this time around instead of crying over a sad movie I cry over pee. :) My biggest fear was because the other times I tried, Mikayla was not phased in the least by soaking her underwear. Once she sat on the potty for a while and nothing came of it, but the moment she stood up it all came out. I was done.

This time it started out much that same way. It wasn't until we sat her on the potty with a sippy of soda until something came out that she realized she didn't have to stand. Hallelujah, what a glorious moment! lol Today she's gotten quite good at actually going potty, next will be getting her to recognize on her own that she has to go. She's quite happy about it too, she got some squishy putty stuff the first time she peed in the potty and not the other room, and she'll get a new puzzle the first full day she keeps her undies dry. She also gets jellybeans every time she goes, and has almost filled her chart for Chuck E Cheese! I think we'll wind up going on Monday night... :)

I started looking around at baby boy stuff -- I'm really excited to be buying boy things. Girl things are definitely fun, but it'll be more fun doing both. We're slowly getting things in order... now that our ceilings are done I can't wait to paint the living room blue. Once that's done, we're going to work on the baby's room. I'm excited for the wiggly addition to our family to come around. I'm almost as excited that summer will be done soon! Mikayla's going to start going to preschool two days a week when September hits, which will give me time to do some things at home, as well as give her consistent time out of the house and on her own. I'm SO excited for fall... cool air, changing leaf colors, pumpkins... it will be quite fun going to the pumpkin patch with Mikayla at this age. I'm still trying to figure out an awesome Halloween costume displaying a giant pregnant belly.

I apologize there is nothing wise written here, my world seriously only exists of potty-training and baby right now. lol

On a funny note: Mikayla decided today that she needed to wear all of her underwear at once today. Here's how that turned out.

No comments: