Saturday, August 28, 2010

The last few weeks have been tiring but fun. Mikayla had fun with dance class and did the little performance at the Westminster Faire. It was cute and quite fun, although unbeknown to us she started coming down with the viral equivalent of strep. Mika was so sick on sunday and had a temp of 103 for a couple days with a nice swollen white-spotted throat.

I went in at 28 weeks (almost 2 weeks ago) for my glucose test and FAILED. So sad. So on friday I went back for the 3 hour glucose test, which they forget to inform you is actually four hours. This is the worst kind of torture to inflict on a nauseous pregnant woman, and I am utterly grateful for the existence of zofran. After fasting for 10+ hours I go into the office and they inform me that they'd draw my blood and test it, THEN give me the glucose drink and draw every hour from there on out. I was disappointed that they had no comfortable place for someone who was staying half the day, so I had the joy of sitting in a regular office chair trying to comfortably read my book. Oh well, as long as I pass this one I won't complain much about the experience. :)

We also finished our living room, FINALLY! I still have to take pictures. All the ceilings on the main floor are scraped of popcorn and textured. All the walls fixed up/repainted is DONE! The living room is a happy lighter blue and white, with white curtains with dark flowers on it. I still want to get some bright green accessories to add, but overall it's done and the effect is VASTLY different from anything we've ever done before.

Mika starts preschool next week and she is SO excited for it. Potty-training has been.... not the funnest experience. At least it's mostly there though. I'm just trying to figure out how to get her to actually use it on her own accord without being told to. She loses interest in it and is always like "no, I'll do it later." It's like a battle every couple hours. So any advice is always appreciated... :)

One last cute thing -- Mikayla decided the other day to build a 'party house' under the dining room table. She brought everything she needed: snacks, toys, stuffed animals, books.... you get the idea. She had so much fun. :)

The end.

Sliding down the bouncy slide at the Westminster Faire

29.5 week tummy


Mika's dance recital

No comments: