A couple saturdays ago my mom and I took my brother to Estes Park as part of his graduation gift. We used to make mini over night trips there when I was a teenager, and it was fun to sort of resurrect the memories. It rained, so we wound up doing the Stanley Hotel tour. It was interesting indeed. Then we went to lake and canoed a bit which was totally fun! I love being out on the water (except when it's super windy). We had pizza at our traditional pizza place and played some pool. Then we walked the shops and ate too much fudge. :) We also saw a herd of elk on the way back. They're such cool creatures. All in all, it was a fun day!
I don't remember much of last week anymore... over the weekend and into this week, we worked on putting in our new front door. I absolutely love it! The entry way was such a dark area before, and now it has light, which does wonders for my attitude on cloudy days. It was a bigger feat to install than it should have been, but thanks to the help of Ian's parents it's doooone!
I'm so tired. I'm waiting for Mikayla to fall asleep. She skipped her nap entirely yesterday, and *I* desperately needed it. :) She's been in a high maintenance stage lately, and CONSTANTLY wants me to entertain her. Or she's fussy because of cutting two of her second molars. Which also means drool-fest again. Today I took her to the Butterfly Pavillion because if we did any of or normal stuff one or both of us was going to end up crying. She loved the butterflies, especially when they were "eating" flowers. I had a giant blue one land on my back, and quite a few people used the opportunity to snap a picture of it. LoL I was more into getting Mikayla to stop splashing people when jumping in the water puddles. So here I am trying to get Mika away from puddles, with my purse and diaper bag falling off my arm, a huge butterfly on my back, my hair trying to frizz because of the rain outside and humid room, and people snapping pictures. Lovely. :)
The other day I took Mika to the park, where we met a 4 yr old with a soccer ball in the field. They kinda played soccer together, but Mika didn't really get it. She really just wanted the girl's ball. Yesterday we picked up a little plastic basketball and football from Target (she loves those kinds of balls) and went to the park. We went on the field with her basketball and I asked her to kick or throw it to me. She looked at me and said "No, MINE!" LoL She held on to it for a good 10 minutes, and then finally we got to play. I was entertained. :)
Other than all that, we've been good about going to the gym still. Unfortunately, Mikayla is not so much into the kid watch anymore, and cries when we go to the gym. It breaks my heart, I really want her to have a great time like she did the first few times, but I guess she has to learn sometime that we have to deal with uncomfortable situations in life.
I kept trying to take a picture of Mika and I, but she would never hold the smile at the camera long enough. LoL

I'm so tired. I'm waiting for Mikayla to fall asleep. She skipped her nap entirely yesterday, and *I* desperately needed it. :) She's been in a high maintenance stage lately, and CONSTANTLY wants me to entertain her. Or she's fussy because of cutting two of her second molars. Which also means drool-fest again. Today I took her to the Butterfly Pavillion because if we did any of or normal stuff one or both of us was going to end up crying. She loved the butterflies, especially when they were "eating" flowers. I had a giant blue one land on my back, and quite a few people used the opportunity to snap a picture of it. LoL I was more into getting Mikayla to stop splashing people when jumping in the water puddles. So here I am trying to get Mika away from puddles, with my purse and diaper bag falling off my arm, a huge butterfly on my back, my hair trying to frizz because of the rain outside and humid room, and people snapping pictures. Lovely. :)
The other day I took Mika to the park, where we met a 4 yr old with a soccer ball in the field. They kinda played soccer together, but Mika didn't really get it. She really just wanted the girl's ball. Yesterday we picked up a little plastic basketball and football from Target (she loves those kinds of balls) and went to the park. We went on the field with her basketball and I asked her to kick or throw it to me. She looked at me and said "No, MINE!" LoL She held on to it for a good 10 minutes, and then finally we got to play. I was entertained. :)
Other than all that, we've been good about going to the gym still. Unfortunately, Mikayla is not so much into the kid watch anymore, and cries when we go to the gym. It breaks my heart, I really want her to have a great time like she did the first few times, but I guess she has to learn sometime that we have to deal with uncomfortable situations in life.
I kept trying to take a picture of Mika and I, but she would never hold the smile at the camera long enough. LoL

No comments:
Post a Comment