Tuesday was a fun and busy day. Mika and I had lunch with Crystal and her 7 month old niece. I hadn't seen Crystal in quite a few years, so it was quite fun! It was also interesting to see how Mika acted around the baby... not as well as I hoped. She was possessive over her toys, stole the baby's book and said "MINE" (got that one from a nursery girl), and then started trying to hit her! I was shocked, but not surprised. It's going to be quite interesting to see how she fairs whenever we have another. Although there'll be plenty of time to open her up to the idea. Later that day I had a doctors appointment, and then we went to Nana's house for dinner. I brought my laptop to finish my photo book that I saved a 1.5 years worth of pampers points for. In the spirit of procrastination I did it the night of the deadline. It reminded me of my school years. *sigh*
Yesterday we had good times as well. We went to the house of a friend from church and made the best homemade bread recipe ever! It's seriously the bestest. Mika played with her little boy, and it was the first time she had actual 1 on 1 play time with a peer (outside our days of nannying Gouri). It went pretty well over all, and we had a great time! Last night we had Panda Express for dinner at Flat Irons, and Mika got to play at the Dinosaurs with Ian while I paroused Old Navy. Then we went outside to their new playground and listened to the live band. Mika danced around all cute-like and imitated me in whatever I did.
Today we went swimming with Christy at their gym pool. Talk about a NICE pool. Two indoor and a giant outdoor one. It was Mika's first time in a swimming pool. She absolutely loved it, and her favorite thing to do was jump and dance in the water. She dunked herself at one point and was absolutely shocked at the result. LoL She popped out of the water and after trying to dry her eyes she just stared forward like "dude, what happened??". It was fun. Tonight we went to the gym and she did better in the play area. She does better in light crowds, and fridays are usually pretty good.
Tomorrow is the 4th, and we'll be hitting up Arvada for some good fun! I can't wait to see Mikayla's reaction to the fireworks this year. :)
Mikayla swingin' away

Mika with almost all her hair in a ponytail!

No comments:
Post a Comment