Saturday, October 16, 2010

I'm loving that it's fall! Yahoo! We played around with the timer on the camera and took a picture of us a few weeks ago. Aren't we cute?


I can't believe Mikayla is almost 3.5, she's growing up so fast. She loves preschool, and is super excited for Halloween. Since September she's been wondering when it was time to trick-or-treat because she's so excited for it. She also does this goofy smile when we say "do your pretty smile!".

Our silly faces

My cute husband and sweet little girl!


Whenever you tell Mika she's silly, she ALWAYS says "I'm not silly, daddy's silly!" lol


Nana put on a baby shower, and this was on of the many games we played. Guess the size of the belly in toilet paper squares... those who picked only a few squares were my favorite people of the day! lol

We also played the melt-the-chocolate-bar-in-the-diaper game and had to guess what it was. By far, the Nestle Crunch was the most disgusting. Mikayla was highly entertained at everyone smelling "stinky" diapers!


Mikayla thought the TP tummy game was so fun, she had to try it out on Ian. He was a good sport. Mika was also super excited to inform him that since he was a boy he was not allowed at the 'baby party'. I am very grateful for the family and friends who were so thoughtful and kind in sharing in our excitement of our new little guy!

Today some church friends also threw me a baby shower... it was so sweet! I was so touched at everyone's thoughtfulness. We have everything we need for this little dude to come along, now he just needs to do it! I sincerely hope it's sooner than later... I honestly don't know how my body can last 3+ more weeks!

Last night Mikayla wound up spending the night with Nana & Grandad. She was SO excited. She informed me that I couldn't go and had to sleep in my own bed, she was going to go there "all by myself". She also hadn't eaten dinner prior to leaving, and when I said "Mika, you haven't had dinner yet," she replied with "It's okay Mommy, Nana will give me food tomorrow." lol Apparently she did not care about it for that night! Too cute. She had so much fun, and was apparently very upset about leaving when Ian picked her up. Ian and I had nice night out together, and it was so odd to go to bed without having to get a child ready. It was even more weird to wake up and not have to get up and get someone else ready! lol

Another new "craving" of sorts with this pregnancy is a new love for football. I have REALLY enjoyed the games I've watched and wish the Broncos would play at a different time so I could catch more of the game. My brother has been in a flag football league for a few weeks now, and it's been so much fun going to his games. Sure, they're 0-6, but it's still fun. Good thing he doesn't read this, he'd probably be mad that I posted their stats. lol

Now, without further ado, here is Alex's new room, minus a few accessories! The colors are a tad bit more bold in person. I LOVE it! We painted the new office and moved all the furniture in there, then painted this room. I am DONE with painting for a while, between our living room and these other two rooms, not to mention our ceilings... all which have been done during this pregnancy, mind you.



1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a cute room! I love it!! And that sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's thing sounds AWESOME. Can't wait until Jonathan's old enough to do that without driving them nuts :)