Friday night the missionaries came over to share a spiritual thought. I like this set. They're still new, but they seem like really good guys. Prior to that we were working in the backyard and are trying to get some grass to grow. I think we're going to wind up trying out sod instead, but who knows, maybe our seeds will grow. :)
Saturday we were disgruntled because we couldn't sleep in. We live for sleeping in on saturdays. It's a lot harder with kids though... Anyway, we had a concert at Metro, which actually was fun and interesting. There were some clinics and such, and a conductor who could have George Lopez's twin critiqued us. Too bad it wasn't *before* our concert at the Lakewood Cultural Hall! As of now we have officially taken the summer off from band. They're not so happy about it, but they have sooo many concerts in the summer! We hung out with Nana for a while, and pretty much just hung out the rest of the day.
Sunday was relaxing once the afternoon hit. Nursery went well, although we only had eight kids and with four total adults... let's just say the ratio was pretty nice. LoL We instituted a schedule for the kids, and they responded to it really well. Play, snack, sing, play was what they were used to when we got them. We decided to try out play, snack, lesson, craft (color), story, sing, bubbles. Everything took less time than we thought, so there was some play time before the bubbles. I plan on finding some waffle blocks, and/or other constructive type things for them to use during that time. I also took pictures of the kids that were there, so we can put their pictures on suns and they can put it on a sun board when they come in. We also plan on making a little weather chart, and when we find a schedule that works well, a visual for that too. A lot of the books in there don't seem to work well for reading, so we're going to take some of the same stories and make better visuals for it. We're also going to bring a CD of the older primary songs and teach a few to them as well, and when they transition into primary it will hopefully make it a more comfortable place. We have also been very unsuccessful at obtaining the keys to our little storage cabinet. Since it's been so long, we're just going to take some bolt cutters in and replace the lock. :) Depending on what's inside, we may or may not do some other stuff. It's definitely fun with the little kids, but it is definitely more work to be with them than it is to sit in sunday school. :)
The rest of sunday was relaxing. We took a walk in the rain, and Mikayla was very upset we weren't going to play at the park. LoL
Today I was very surprised to see the snow outside. Mikayla and I went to explore the Container store, since it opened saturday. It was pretty nifty, although I don't like how expensive all that stuff is. Then I let Mikayla play at the Flat Irons playplace, and for 30 minutes straight she stood there and jumped, and watched the other kids. Then I took her to the McDonalds at the food court, and she thought that was pretty fun. She also thought the escalators were "playing", and it was her first time on them. All in all, it was a fun day. :)
Mika's first hamburger patty... we made a mini Mika-burger!

Mikayla playing with her pancakes at Villiage Inn

Mikayla happily playing at the Flat Irons play place

3 comments:
Dang! You are some schmancy nursery leaders! You should come to my ward and do nursery every Sunday. It's only an 8-hour drive, right?
LoL It's really rooted in selfishness, you see. We figure nursery will fly by quickly and the kids will be angels if we get fancy schmancy! LoL
You went to the new container store without me?! I'm so sad now I must look at funny kitty pictures to cheer up.
Post a Comment