Monday, April 6, 2009

Wow, it's been a while.

Not much really exciting happened. I had one of the worst colds I'd had in a while and was zombied out and sick all week. Mikayla caught it later in the week. Her and I cuddled most of the the time with her watching her cartoons and me obsessively reading Twlight. Yes, obsessively. It's so not healthy, to the point I'm cutting back today. I'm already a quarter through the fourth book and have read 100 pages into the unfinished draft of Midnight Sun. *sigh* At least I had being sick as an excuse, right?

There were a few other things inbetween there. Last tuesday we did our traditional tuesday night with Nana and Grandad. Thursday we had band practice. I also spent an afternoon helping my bro pick out paint and hanging out with him. Sean & Christy came over friday night for a game night. They're always a blast! Mikayla's very fond of them both as well, which makes me smile. Iand and I also had both band concerts this weekend, and have some General Conference to catch up on. So yeah, there was some variety outside of Twlight. :)

Anyway, today has been warm and Mikayla and I are finally almost healthy again. We went to the park and she was SO excited. She cried last week when we'd leave the house and not go "pway" (play). She's not a huge fan of the snow yet either, so playing in that hasn't worked out yet. Today I told here we'd go byebye and play and she immediately headed for the door. We go to the park and she ran around and went down the slides. Right around the time another littler girl about her age came by, Mikayla decided it was time to start running off. We discovered some dandelions growing and searched for some. She would smell them and say "mmm!". Then Mikayla decided she was done with the park and started walking away saying "byebye pway, see ooh ater!" She's a riot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my god, she's getting so big!