Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Today was a good day. The appraiser was supposed to come at 11, but called Ian about that time to say he'd be a couple hours late. I had re-immaculated the house by 10:45am and felt like it was a bust again! Around 11:30 Mikayla and I headed to the park a mile away and played there for a while. When it started to get crowded we headed home. We got back around one, and my phone chose NOT to register Ian's calls to me while I was talking to my mom. He called her and she switched back to me to say the appraiser was at the front door. Say what?? I was looking at the front door and saw no one. LoL He was in the backyard though. Apparently he literally meant a couple hours. Sheesh!

He quickly looked through the house and measured a few parts. It was awkward following him around, but I couldn't just let him wander alone. LoL At one point Mikayla reached out and touched his back and said "Tikow tikow!" (Tickle) Soo... hopefully we'll hear back sooner than later!

Mikayla went down for her nap and I relaxed a bit. It felt nice, too! Time warped by and Ian called me from work to say he had to get something done by tomorrow, so would be late. Mikayla and I (or I, rather) decided to bring him dinner. We were going to grill hot dogs tonight. I've never actually touched a grill before, and thought I could easily figure it out. Our ignition switch died, so it has to be done with one of those hand lighter sticks. Okay, now I don't want any crap from anyone about this! For some reason I figured it would be bad to light the flame as soon as I turned on the gas. I thought maybe it flowed faster or something.... so I turned on the gas and closed the lid. I must have some side of me aching for danger or something, I dunno. So I then opened the lid and lit the flame and WHOOSH! it alll lit up! Yeah, yeah, I know. We can't all be perfect. LoL Regardless, the hot dogs did get grilled in the end, and that's the most important part. Mika and I packed up and headed to Net Devil. We ate there and she had fun seeing "daddy woahk". She cried for him when we left (how sweet!). We came home and watched Beauty and the Beast, which she was very enthrawled with overall.

A funny Mikayla moment: she put her Mickey stuffed animal in her high chair instead of herself for lunch. I told her to get in and put him on her lap. She decided it would be MUCH better to sit on Mickey's lap! LoL She did for quite a while too... Another thing, which will be one of those awesome embarrassing stories when she's older, despite the fact she was a toddler so who cares.... BUT for some reason when she goes #2 she likes privacy. Probably a good thing. LoL Lately she'll drag her tent to whichever room we're in (living room, family room, kitchen...) close the tent door and proceed. If you ask her if she's going she says "nooo". I think her tent is becoming her portapotty. LoL

All righty then, it's time for Lost! I'll leave you with a couple of my old favorite pictures.

No comments: