Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yay for warm weather!! Woooooo!

Moving on. Saturday was rainy and sloshy and we went out in it anyway. I found a good deal on a recumbent exercise bike on craigslist so we picked it up. We'd been looking for a while and even tested some out at Sears, but none of them had any resistance. The one we got is great, and we put it in the living room to use sporadically during the day. Hey, even 50 calories extra here and there is better than nothing! Afterwards, we went to American Furniture Warehouse since it was 2 minutes down the street from the dude's apartment. We laid around on their beds telling ourselves we don't need one yet. Ian's parent's recently bought a king size super comfy mattress and we realized ours isn't as comfortable as it could be. It would be nice to have extra room for when Mikayla is older and inevitabely runs into our room at night. We're hoping to make the purchase with our "free" month of house payment after refinancing. Of course that's another story, because depending on what our house appraises at our loan to value ratio may or may not work out for us to fully finance everything into closing. She's trying really hard to help us get rid of the mortgage insurance, so we'll see how that turns out. I'd still rather pay part of closing out of pocket than pay $80/mon for useless insurance for years!

Sunday was an awesome family day, and it was somewhat of a relief we didn't have nursery. Our ward was basically cancelled because the building had some water damage from the snow. :( Everyone met for the first hour at a different building. We all slept poorly friday night though so having a 100% relaxing sunday helped us recover! We went on two different walks though and wound up going 3 miles when all was said and done.

Yesterday the appraiser of course did not show up. I even went and hung up our address numbers for him sunday -- what a waste. LoL After trying to have things ready today in case he called, he of course did not. He did however, call Ian around 5 and scheduled it for tomorrow around noon. Finally! We can go back to being slobs as of noon! Just kidding. I'm actually still at the stage of being a bit too particular. Actually, I just get really sneezy in messy/dusty places. Anyway.... Friday we also took our rings to ShaneCo to get our free cleaning. They took them to re-dip them instead! Ian's is all brushed and white gold again with it's yellow gold lining, and mine has it's awesome luster back again. Shane Company ROCKS!!!

Today Mikayla was SUCH a good girl! She listened well and was cheerful all day. Nana and I walked her to the park to play before everyone else showed up for dinner. Mikayla was excited Nana got to watch! On our way home we met a little almost 2 yr old girl down the street named Alexsis. They even have the same model house we do. They kinda mentioned getting the girls together sometime, which would be AWESOME, because Mikayla could surely use a consistent friend and I would love a mommy friend to hang with. We'll see.

Ian had his review at work today and got a raise, yay! I'm so proud of him for being such a good, hard worker! It's really comforting to know that he enjoys his job and I can stay at home with Mikayla.

Below is a picture and video of our activities of last night. I was trying to take a picture which didn't really turn out, and the video is pretty dark as well. Mikayla is jumping and saying "cheese!". A couple cute Mikayla things (forgive me if I've previously mentioned them): She'll go up to Ian and pat his back and ask if he's okay, then come and do the same to me. So we will do it to her as well, and verify we are all, in fact, okay! She also likes to say "what's happening?" when something is going on. When she wants to pull Ian's ring off his finger, or get something she can't quite get, she'll say "won't open!" Awesome!



1 comment:

Danielle Smith said...

I am glad things seem to be coming together for you guys. It must be nice to have a house. You talked to my sister today? I tried getting a hold of her on Monday, but to no avail. How did you manage?