It's annoying that the people who are buying our old bed can't get it till sunday or monday. I don't like it just sitting in the living room. I don't like that weeds are infesting my little grass hairs I'm trying to grow in the front yard. I don't like that my rug from when I was a teenager is forever stained. It was frustrating when Mikayla unrolled the ENTIRE new roll of toilet paper in the our bathroom. I wish Mikayla hadn't thrown her socks in the toilet. It frustrated me the cake I got for my brother was in a freezer yet NOT an icecream cake. What other cake goes in a freezer?? I'm annoyed that the WHITE flowered comforter I ordered is actually yellowish-brown. It bothers me that the Dillards website shows the other comforter I want at 50% off, yet the stores don't have the same sale. It bothers me MORE the way the old woman treated me when I went there last night inquiring about it, and that she walked away from me in mid-conversation and left. It annoyed me that Mikayla thought it fit to start slapping my face with her hands while in the store to let me know she was hungry. *sigh* Between her second molars coming in and Ian not being around, she's acting out a lot more. She didn't even nap today! I also HATE giant black/brown spiders that raise their front legs when I go to do laundry, thinking they can win a fight with me. Haha! I have a vacuum cleaner to suck you up icky spider who broke the rules!
Anyway, it's nice to vent a little. I think I'm in need of 40 hours straight of sleep. I'm not lacking any per se, but feel like I am. I am grateful that it's cooled off outside. I'm happy it thundered today! A big chunk of my laundry is done, so that's good. I've got 1.5 people to help me in nursery sunday, so that's good too. We'll have a fun birthday bbq for Mika on monday with our family and friends, and I'm looking forward to that. I'll see Ian for real again sometime tuesday, and we're going to have a family day wednesday. Things are good despite the annoyances. Annoyances add that flavor to life that make you appreciate the things you forget to appreciate sometimes. Not to mention stories you later laugh at. I'm still not laughing at the toilet socks today, but maybe tomorrow. :)
Here are two old blogs entries from my myspace blog... interesting to look back and see what you were think a year or more ago. According to the first entry, it would seem I get rather annoyed this time of year.... LoL
____________________________________
Thu. May 29, 2008
You know those days where tons of minor annoyances occur, but nothing major? It's enough to wear on you, but not enough to ruin your day. Today has been one of those days.
It first started when we dropped off Mira. Mikayla just now randomly decided that when I walk Mira to the door I'm abandoning Mika. So she cried heartily until I come back to the van 30 seconds later.
We got home and it was time for Mika's bath. She arbitrarily decided that she didn't want her hair washed in the normal way and started fussing. ugh.
Nap time was lovely, but followed with lots and lots of wiggles! While I was making a salad for lunch she was in the dining room crawling around. No big deal, she often does. She came back with a clump of brown mixed with fur in her hand to hand to me, while smacking her lips. Yes, Kitty apparently puked up a hairball on the floor and Mikayla not only touched it, but TASTED it. Nooo! Ah, that was so gross! She cried the whole time I cleaned it up because she wanted to see it too.
We then went upstairs so I could straighten my hair. Mikayla found a paper towel roll with a few left on it. She took of the paper towels and started licking the cardboard. Then she ripped up the paper towels to shreds and tried to eat them. It's hard digging paper out of a tiny mouth!
Her shorts are also too big in the waist so her shorts keep falling off. She's currently wearing no bottoms and digging out every object she can reach in her toy/diaper box. Maybe it's time for a walk to the park!
_________________________________________________It first started when we dropped off Mira. Mikayla just now randomly decided that when I walk Mira to the door I'm abandoning Mika. So she cried heartily until I come back to the van 30 seconds later.
We got home and it was time for Mika's bath. She arbitrarily decided that she didn't want her hair washed in the normal way and started fussing. ugh.
Nap time was lovely, but followed with lots and lots of wiggles! While I was making a salad for lunch she was in the dining room crawling around. No big deal, she often does. She came back with a clump of brown mixed with fur in her hand to hand to me, while smacking her lips. Yes, Kitty apparently puked up a hairball on the floor and Mikayla not only touched it, but TASTED it. Nooo! Ah, that was so gross! She cried the whole time I cleaned it up because she wanted to see it too.
We then went upstairs so I could straighten my hair. Mikayla found a paper towel roll with a few left on it. She took of the paper towels and started licking the cardboard. Then she ripped up the paper towels to shreds and tried to eat them. It's hard digging paper out of a tiny mouth!
Her shorts are also too big in the waist so her shorts keep falling off. She's currently wearing no bottoms and digging out every object she can reach in her toy/diaper box. Maybe it's time for a walk to the park!
Mon. May 22, 2006
I always thought it silly when people wanted to be a kid again. But now I totally understand! I want to run around the corner to the elementary school to swing on the swings and look up at the stars in awe. (Okay, so maybe I can still do that one!) I want to get a simple little toy and let my imagination run wild for hours, play house with dolls, jump in mud puddles, ice skate on frozen puddles, ride the little choo-choo train and let it take me to never-never-land.
I want to view the world through the innocent eyes of a child. No one will hurt me, no one is mean, no one is annoying, and greed doesn't exist except on Christmas morning. Stress? What's that? I have a spelling test I forgot about, is that stress? My parents will live forever and so will I, because anything else is too far away to fathom. But there's really no point in dreaming your life away to childhood.
I love the quote Dacia posted on her blog from humanities class....
"happiness is a journey, not a destination... for a long time it seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. but there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. at last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life. this perspective has helped me to see there is no way to happiness. happiness is the way. so treasure every moment you have and remember that time waits for no one."
Oh how I miss thought-provoking conversation! The challenge to think beyond your normal thinking. Now I'm just too tired for it. =) Maybe after some sleep.... Anyway, there is definitely truth to the quote though. I think of it more as milestones in life, like when you first get to high school, when you graduate high school, when you start college, when you get your first real job, when you get married, when you have kids, when you do this or that. It's always that there's a perception of what life will be like once you reach a certain point, and you get there and wonder why it's not what you envisioned. Sometimes that's a good thing though.
Well, enough random musings for the evening, time to hit the gym and bed!
Also, side note, Leon left tonight and hopefully will be moving up here in the not so distant future...
1 comment:
You quoted my quote! Twice! How sweet. :) It really is all about perspective and that is a continual exercise in life.
Post a Comment