Friday, May 15, 2009

Just a quick post.

Our new bed came yesterday, yay! It's so freakin' tall, Mikayla has a lot of growing to do before she can look over it. I practically need a step stool! Okay, so that's an exaggeration, but not much of one. I can't wait until the new comforter comes next week!

Last night I hung out with my brother and highlighted his hair. He wanted to go all the way blonde, but THANK GOODNESS decided against it. It turned out quite well though. Yesterday was his last day of school. Craziness! He and Michael are having a combined graduation party, which makes everything seem so strange. His sister Melissa (Lucy) and I had our combined party 10 yrs ago, and it's weird they became friends, and are of the class of '09 after we were the class of '99. It's weird to say "oh yeah, I did that 10 years ago", yet at 18, ten years ago meant you were 8. Time used to feel very spherical to me when I was younger, and as I age it feels more linear. Anyway...

Graduation happens to be weds and not thurs, and at 3pm and not 7pm. What kind of crazy people schedule a graduation in the afternoon? It seems less cool somehow. It works out though, we'll surprise him with his gift right after.

Today Mikayla and I ran some errands. We stopped by the Westminster City Hall to get a permit to replace our swamp cooler. I understand permits for a lot of things, but to replace a swamp cooler? They just want an extra $50. Oh well, better than getting a $250 fine for not having it. Everyone in the quiet building enjoyed Mikayla's sillyness. She would point at herself and say "I'm Mikayla!" and told everyone "hello!" She counted the steps as we went up and down the stairs, and can count all the way to 12. She calls 13, 14 -- and stumbles back down to lower numbers after that, but I'm amazed at 12. It's so adorable in her little kid voice.

I can't decide if I should be good and get some yard work done, or just take the next hour of nap time for myself and relax. Hmm, maybe both?

The pics below are from yesterday. Mikayla and I were making funny faces at each other. She's getting really good at them! Although she never held one long enough for the camera to catch it. I can't believe how much she's growing... it seems like yesterday she was only crawling and babbling, yet it was a lifetime ago. Her new phrase this week is "uh-oh indeed". 'Uh-oh' appears to be shadows or something... she seems to think it's some type of animate object and gets worried by it. To alleviate her worry or fear, she'll try to tickle 'uh-oh'. It's still cute to hear "uh-oh indeed" when she has no inkling as to what indeed means. She's also getting her colors down more and more. She still rolls her D's when she talks, and loves to speak Mikanese when she can. My favorite moments with her are still cuddling while watching a show of hers after breakfast. She loves to sing, and sometimes gets mad if you sing along. She also makes up her own words to things and often sings "ohhh, what do you do?" I love my Mika!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool concept with spherical and linear time... interesting.