Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Last tuesday we wound up having an impromptu bbq, and Nana & Grandad, Sean & Christy, and Steve & Ritika came. It was quite fun, especially when we got most everyone to play Mao. Thinking of it makes me crave another game night... LoL

I worked a lot on the yard while Ian worked on building the gate. It's almost done now, it just needs the handle on. He did a great job! It's SO much better than our old one. I still have a few areas of weeds left, but at least nothing threatening to my precious baby grass hairs. They're starting to grow well, and I'm excited for some nice grass to play in this summer. I've pretty much planned out how the front yard will look and what stone we want for it. Now it's just about finding the time to do it.

On friday Ian's company treated all the employees to see Star Trek on the imax screen at the Promenade. Nana babysat for us so I could go too, and we could have a date. I must say, the movie was awesome! I've never been hugely into Star Trek, although I did appreciate the Picard days. The dude who plays Sylar was awesome as Spock! I figured he would either be really good or really bad. He was good, the movie was done well, and it's also funny to me that Karl Urban can be so versatile in his roles. I first knew him from his days on Xena... LoL So yeah, the movie was great fun, and afterwards Ian and I went to try out some mattresses. We decided we wanted a king size bed and since it's hard to shop with Mikayla, a date night was perfect for it. :) We found one we liked, and got such a good deal on it we wound up buying it that night.... aye yi yi. Of course, that tends to be how we roll. We kinda just plug our nose and jump right in. It'll be delivered tomorrow, and we are stoked! Then we went to Noodles & Company for dinner (they built a new one by us and we had a bogo coupon, yay!). We went to AFW afterwards to wander around. It was nice to get out together, although Ian started coming down with a sore throat that night.

Saturday I got sick too, but forced myself to get a little more done in the yard. Ian put up our ceiling fan so we'd have some relief from warm days until the swamp cooler gets going this weekend. It looks great! We zombied out the rest of the day and poor Mika was getting sick too. We spent the later afternoon trying to find a sub for us in nursery, but no one answered their phones or called back. *sigh* At least the counselor in Primary who's in charge of the Nursery said she'd take care of it, but I hate doing that to them, ya know?

Sunday Ian let me sleep in, since I let him the day before. I needed it too, and slept until 12:30pm!! You know you're sick when you do that. Ian was very sweet and made me pancakes for mothers day, and made me a card with Mikayla's crazy-silly picture on it and 'coupons' for various things. It was perfect and sweet. :) He also bought me some beautiful roses on saturday. We pretty much lounged and rested that day to try and get better.

The last couple days I've been crazily searching for a comforter for our new bed. I wanted something light and bright, but with some color. Also satin-y so the cat hair brushes off easily. After trying Macys, BB&B, Pennys, Sears, Dillards, Kmart, Walmart, Target, amazon.com, overstock.com, and a few other places I was about to give up. While searching online for a cheaper price on one I found at Dillards, I found a different one I liked even better. Of course it was more expensive. :( Luckily I found it 60% cheaper at Linens n Things online! I thought they closed down completely, but apparently just their brick and mortar stores.

Yesterday afternoon Becca came over and we hung out for a while. I took the plunge and changed my hair color again, and she helped me pull strands for the highlights. We had a good time and it was so nice to hangout with her again! Last night we went to Nana & Grandad's house. Nana got a new ipod dock stereo thing and Mikayla was adament that she turn it on so Mikayla could dance. Then she wanted Lucy the puppy to dance too... good times! Ian's mom also gave me a book and a gift card for a mother's day present which was very sweet. :) I've needed a new book to start!

Here it is wednesday already. I'm trying to savor a little down time before the madness begins. We have a few projects for this weekend, plus we want to get some things together for nursery. Monday I likely have to go in for the jury duty jive. I want to try and have all the yard stuff done by the end of next week. Wednesday we're surprising Dusty with his graduation present. I don't think he reads this... we have him thinking he's not getting anything for graduation. We all pitched in for and awesome lcd tv for him, he's been wanting one for a long long time now. Thursday night is graduation! Friday morning Mika has a doc appointment, then Ian's Lego weekend for work begins. Steve from Seattle flies in that day for it, and Leon comes in Saturday. Dusty's combined graduation party with Michael is saturday afternoon. We'll likely hang out with everyone all weekend, and then monday is Mikayla's birthday bbq! That'll be a crazy day. It'll be busy, but awesome!

No comments: