This has been a fun/interesting/busy last few days.
Saturday I went with my mom to a nearby tile company that was supposed to have some for cheap. It turned out to be a bust overall, but I did get some nifty little pieces for out kitchen backsplash for $6. Not bad! Then we went to her house and I helped her finish painting a wall and clean up a little bit because of the appraiser that came today. She's looking to lock in a nifty 4.xx% interest rate. I want to refi with that company too, except when we were first loan shopping they never called us back. Ian taught me those weird principles where in this case it would be they don't deserve our business if they couldn't get back to us a year ago. Oh well.
We FINALLY found some of the fuzzy weatherstripping to put on our window. The office window had dirt blowing into it, and I HATED it everytime it was windy. We still need to do the other side of the window (both sides open), but what's up is working fantastically!
Mikayla got some cold at the end of the week, so Ian stayed home from church with her so she wouldn't spread it to the other kids. It felt weird being at church alone, I haven't done that in a few years...
Today we decided to go to the Wildlife museum down in Parker. Ian took the day off of work and it was going to be a fun family day oriented around Mikayla having Mikayla-style fun. Unfortunately things did not go as planned. We got down there and it turns out they're closed on mondays. I didn't notice it on their website because I was busy looking for the directions, and honestly, who expects a place like that to be closed on a monday? We walked around outside a bit so Mika could stretch her legs. She tripped on something and landed on her lip again... poor girl! She really needs to learn how to fall better. Now it's all swollen.
Our original plan was to go to the Wildlife museum, then have lunch, go to See's Candy, and then Deseret, then go home. With the museum closed we still wanted to do something Mika enjoyed but couldn't think of anything but the Natural History museum. We wound up going there and hitting the See's on Colorado Blvd. Mmm!
The museum was fun, but not quite what I was hoping for Mika. Her favorite part was the life size diarama displays with birds in them. She ran from each one naming things inside. The kids discovery area wasn't terribly exciting, but they did have some nifty magnetic puzzle things. It was definitely a different day than we planned, but still nice to do something different and have Ian around for it.
We came home and ordered Dominos for dinner which was super delicious! We all played around together and finally did a Family Home Evening for the first time since Seattle. It was fun and we enjoyed it. As soon as I upload the pictures Ian and I are going to watch Heroes. Yeah!




2 comments:
Thank you for your comment, seriously. It's nice to know that people care and support me. I am jealous of your Coloradoness. One day I will get to do those things with my kids, haha.
Awwww...what a bummer that it was closed! Who is closed on Mondays!!??? So weird! Glad everything turn out well otherwise!
Post a Comment