Friday, February 27, 2009

I don't really remember much of the last few days, it went by in too much of a blur. Actually, I'll blame the wind for blowing my memories away. It blew so hard today that the van wobbled on the road on our way to target. Mika thought it was great fun at first, she loves the wind blowing against her face. When she was about six months old we went to Flat Irons mall to walk around. Ian had Mika in the front carrier and the was a slight breeze. She had THE biggest smile from it!

Mikayla was our main source of entertainment tonight. It was great! First she went back and forth from Ian and I to tickle our bellybuttons. Then she played a game she occasionally plays where she runs up to and babbles, then runs away or turns around, only to face you and start all over again. It was absolutely hilarious! Then she started singing 'You are my Sunshine'. You all know the song, but here was her version of it: "my sunshine.... appy.... gray..... no vou.... shine... awaaaay." She used to end it with a soft "allllll dunnnnn". It's the sweetest! So that was some of our entertainment, and it's much better than any tv. I love how to each parent their child is the cutest most adorable of them all. It's actually an interesting phenomenon to me.

I went to the Arvada West band concert last night with Lucy and her family. Her brother is first chair clarinet in the wind ensemble. Even though the old school is completely gone now and the new building is there, it was still slightly sentimental to be there. I can't believe how fast the last 10 have gone by. I've been slightly nostalgic lately... I don't mind getting older, I just wish it would slow down at least a little.

Wednesday Mikayla and I lost track of time and missed the playgroup. We spent the rest of the day with Dusty, which was really fun. He and I rarely get bro/sis hangout time. After buying new toys for his phone we came back to my house and did not only Bob's workout but Jillians too. Aye yi yi, talk about being sore the next day! We mostly hungout and did nothing beyond that, which was nice.

Mikayla does this other really cute thing... she'll pick up the 5lb dumbells (and the lighter 2lb dumbells too) and carry them somewhere, the whole time in a strained voice saying "puuuuuush". She's going to be the first 2 yr old body builder!

Below are two pictures of Mikayla enthrawled with Dusty's ipod touch, and the second one she was so tired but chose not to nap for the day.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice, getting her hooked on the gadgets now! :D

NannaK said...

What a wonderful role model she has in Dusty. She is growing up surrounded by love.

Christy said...

I love the last pic! They are so cute!