Thursday, February 12, 2009

*yawn* I am sooo tired. I even went to bed before midnight last night, which if you know me hasn't happened in years. Even when I was doing the nanny job a few months ago. I have no idea why I'm tired, and it's 99% unlikely I'm pregnant, so don't ask! LoL Anyway, on to happier things!

The playgroup yesterday was really fun. Mikayla definitely enjoyed herself and played fantastically. It was fun to see Valerie who I haven't seen since the days of singles ward years ago, and it was great to get to know girls from church a bit more. All in all definitely a great time! Desi told me about what they did to the popcorn on their ceilings and it actually looked pretty good. Just like a different type of the millions of ways to texture. We're adding it to our list of home projects. :)

Mikayla and I went from there to my mom's house to drop off a space heater for the group of puppies my uncle left her. They're a cavalier-schnauzer mix and very cute. I still like the cavaliers the best, but we're totally not ready to take on a puppy quite yet. My brother was home so we brought him back to our house to hang out. Mikayla took a late nap, Ian came home early since he had a 6pm meeting, and the three of us worked out. My brother is crazy and wanetd to run enough to burn 500 calories. He did really good though, he's quite in shape. Dusty, Mika, and I went to target during Ian's meeting. After dropping Mikayla off to Ian afterwards I dropped Dusty off back home. It was nice to spend some quality time with my bro!

Mikayla was so tired last night she was asking to go to bed. It was a much busier day for her than normal -- as in getting to play with non-mommy friends!

This morning we went to the library for story time. They have a kids computer there with different games and such on it. Mikayla recognizes the letter 'I' now! She remembered it after an entire week. We came home and have been trying to relax, mostly since I'm so sleepy.

I also joined the Grocery Game, which is a website that holds a database of the store sales. Combined with coupons and everything, you're supposed to save a decent amount of money on groceries. I'm not totally sold on it yet, but figured it was worth $1 to try out.

The pictures below are from Dusty's phone. Mika was done eating dinner at the time. She does this thing sometimes where she'll try to look to the side on purpose, but wind up looking in the upper corner of her eyes and lower her eyebrows. We never quite caught it in the pictures, but these are still cute!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Of course you'd find yet another way to scout for grocery coupons! ;)

Cute pics of Mika!