Sunday, March 22, 2009

Just a quick update...

This weekend had been quite fun! Mikayla went to her first birthday party yesterday and had a great time! She didn't interact with the other kids terribly much and wouldn't let me out of her sight, but she got to play and she absolutely loves that! 'Pump it up' is a fantastic place. They have the giant air-filled bouncy jumpy things. One is a giant slide. Another is round and made Mikayla cry. Another one has giant gloves you can kinda box with, and another is like a mini obstical course. That one was a killer for us! LoL Mikayla went on it and said "c'mon mommy" and coaxed me to follow. It was a bit advanced for her. There's a mini climbing wall into a slide-ish area, through a horizontal opening, and then up about a 10ft climbing wall and down a slide. When we got to the last climbing wall, Mikayla was fully expecting me to carry her up. I couldn't because the footholds were too tiny for my big feet so I kept sliding down, and because of holding Mika I couldn't hold the side ropes. I got her to climb almost to the top on her own and right as she got up there she lost her grip and did a backflip bounce in slow motion to the bottom. Needless to say, we were done with that bouncy. They also had a mini car and she LOVED it. She liked climbing inside, getting out to run around, only to open the door and climb inside again. Crazy girl. Hannah's party was very cool though and the kids seemed to have a great time.

During the afternoon Ian and I did a lot of work on the front yard. We finally have all the fall leaves raked up (oops), trimmed down the rose bushes, got a few weeds, took the broken porch swing, and got the broken railing off from the side of the house. We had a nice time relaxing the rest of the evening, and because Mikayla missed her nap she went to sleep early.

Because today was our first day in our new nursery calling, Mikayla of course woke up crying last night. By the time I got back to bed it was well after 2am. Aye yi yi!

Nursery was pretty good this morning. Mikayla cried EVERY time I left the room. Other than that, the kids did well except the last 30 when they were getting tired. We've got some great ideas to try out though, so I'm excited for that. Mikayla did come crying to me once because Hannah was trying to give her a hug. It was hilarious! Here's sweet, cute little Hannah slightly chasing a crying Mikayla just to give her a hug. Awesome.

This afternoon after Mika's nap I baked some cookies and we took some to both our families, as well as to the neighbors across the street. They're an older couple and the wife recently had her hip replaced. They invited us in and we chatted for a good hour, until Mikayla was trying to run out their doggy door and eat all of their peppermint patties. It was a good visit and it was fun finally to start getting to know them. We also heard fun stories about the people who used to own our house and what went on with them.

Now I'm off to hang with my husband and try to survive these horrid allergies. I have no idea what's in the air right now, but my throat is itching like crazy!

No comments: