Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I thought these were just a couple of those random questions/answers that are interesting.

QUESTION:
Why does rain bring worms out on the sidewalks?

ANSWER: Worms come up and out of their holes so that they won't drown. A rainstorm of any size is likely to fill a worm's home with water. Worms may crawl to the sidewalks because they're higher ground than the dirt around them, or we just may notice them more on the sidewalks.

____

QUESTION:
Where did the phrase "pipe down" originate?

ANSWER:
At sea. It's the boatswain's call for all hands to turn in, and it became a colloquialism for "stop talking!" or "shut up!"
______

QUESTION:
What is the difference between a bee and a wasp?

ANSWER:
Although bees and wasps both belong to the Hymenoptera order, they are different in many ways, chief among them being that a worker bee can sting only once (and dies while doing so) and a wasp can sting repeatedly. Bees make honey, and wasps don't. Bees' nests are made of wax, and wasps' nests are made of paper and mud. Bees are vegetarians, while wasps like to eat spiders, flies, and caterpillars.

_______________________

The weekend was fun. I highlighted my hair again on saturday, and tried adding a bit more brown this time. I like using the highlighting cap the first two times around, but the following times just make it much blonder than I normally like. It's just a pain because I do like a little blonde, but sometimes I just feel like a sunflower head. I think my pictures turn out better when I'm brunette, but in person I think it makes my eyes look squinty. LoL Saturday we (well, mostly Ian) helped my mom knock out her backsplash tile in the kitchen. That stuff was 20 yrs old! This weekend we're going to help her put her granite tile in.

Sunday we all had a bit of germs. Poor Mika seems to have started in on round two of it though. I put her down for her nap a little bit ago and her nose has been runny and stuff all day thus far. :(

Yesterday I drove myself and Mikayla to Littleton. We drove by the temple, and she was excited to see it. She always talks about it in the picture, and when she saw it in person she pointed really excitedly. Then we stopped at Deseret Book to get some Mika books, and then looked at Floor & Decor at the laminate. My discontinuation curse has gone into effect again. We really wanted to continue our laminate into the dining room, and fix our hallway. Alas, our laminate is discontinued and I can't find it anywhere. That stinks. On the bright side, we did stop by See's chocolates and got a couple of my favorite butterscotch squares! mmm! Funny they're named that, as they're mostly made of brown sugar.

Last night we stopped by Home Depot to check out front doors. Our dream is to have the glass oval and sidelights, because our entry way is very very dark. Those start upwards of $1100. We thought of doing one of the doors with the fan light on top, mostly because I don't like the idea of people peeking in the glass and seeing us. I don't answer the door during the day and prefer the privacy of non-glass. We did decide that we could get an oval door and put some of that fake frost stuff on it. Then we can get the light without the peepers. We'll see though, there's too many projects we want to do. Speaking of... since it was going to be windy this week I wanted to get the weatherstripping on Mikayla's window last night. So of course at 9pm is when we started... LoL We got it done though, and it's nice to have it up!

Today Mikayla and I went for a walk and to the park. She played with some kids there and has now gone down all the scary slides and climbed up all the steep steps. She's a daredevil like her daddy and loves to give me heartattacks! I'm sure my gray hair will start growing in any day now. LoL

I'm finally unwinding from a stressful time of putting Mika down for her nap. Colds ruin everything. Anyway, then we'll be off to Nana's tonight to hangout, AND she wanted to treat us to the Roadhouse. mmm, honey-cinnamon rolls....... :)

No comments: