Saturday, March 14, 2009

Let's see, where to start. Well, my mom's granite is all done except getting a certain piece specially cut for one corner. I love how all projects have their bumps and snags that prolong it. Like when we were laying down the cement board on the first day. Normally you put down some mortar, lay the cement board on, then screw in the screws. Not for us. The screws are supposed to go just under the level of the board, and they wouldn't. So we had to pre-drill 160 holes for 160 screws. It adds a lot of time to your project. There were also a few funny measurements that needed to be done for the tile, so that of course takes extra time. There were also problems with the water pump to the wet saw, although it turned out to mostly be user error. There was also the issue of the wet saw not coming with the angle thingy to do mitered edges, and finding one at home depot. Of course when said things are done, the next problem is the kitchen sink! Of course although being a standard 33" x 22" sink, it has to have a smaller lip than a lot of other sinks, and therefore did not fit in the sink hole. Like a quarter inch over. Of course such things occur. Tuesday night Ian and his dad tried putting in the sink with no success due to the aforementioned problem. Neither could come over the following two days to help out because of work and other obligations (like Phantom!!). So wednesday my mom rented a grinder with a diamond tip blade to cut the granite/wood around the sink bigger. Got that done, got the sink in, and plumbed it herself -- yeah! Of course this was after cutting some piping from the sink drain because the one I picked up for her from Ace was a weird one made extra deep. LoL And of course the garbage disposal one I picked up for her didn't work out either for some reason and she had to rip the old ring off the old sink. But hey, at least it all looks good, right?

I think it looks great. Of course I'm biased. Now it just needs a backsplash and the floor done. Fortunately for me, hard labor is done for a while because last weekend about killed me! LoL

A random complaint. Ian and I are Heroes fans. We couldn't watch it monday and recorded it with the dvr. Well, the dvr decided NOT to record. What?? It was okay because it was a day or two later when we decided to watch it, so we thought we'd catch it on demand. They charge $0.99 for it!! For a show you can record for free or watch online for free. What filthy greed. Needless to say, we watched it online AND got it in HD, so =p to you comcast. :)

I briefly went with my mom today to look at a tile she thought would look good in her kitchen. I loved it so much too we got it for our bathroom floors/shower/tub areas. The awesome part is, is that we got it for $0.85/sqft! Yeahhhh! I love good deals, I honestly can't stand paying full price for anything.

Mikayla was really cute today. After breakfast she decided it would be fun to pull the chairs from the eating space into the living room. There was nothing to inspire such action, I guess it just sounded fun to her! See picture below.
I felt bad for her tonight. Before bed she was running around and randomly threw up. She did that last sunday too, when she was running around. I wonder if she gets nauseous when she's tired or something? It's just really weird, because she's never done anything like that before. On a happier note, she's really getting into making sentences now. We got a Noah's Ark felt book thingy last week, and there's a monkey piece for it. Somehow it wound up on the floor in the garage, and when I saw it I said "there's a monkey on the floor!" Mikayla in turn said "there's a monkey on the floor!" in her awesomely adorable little kid voice.

No comments: