Saturday, January 10, 2009

Exhausted


I'm not sure when this picture is from, I just know it's recent. She loves her baby!

Today started with Mikayla waking up while I was in the middle of a dream. We kinda got her back to sleep, but not for long, so we sucked it up and got up. Ian and I had stayed up late last night, so not getting to sleep in was sad for us. :)

After Mikayla had breakfast we worked out. Mikayla insisted on using the treadmill -- and she enjoyed walking at 0.5 mph. She was not happy when it was my turn to go. Fruit snacks made her get over it rather quickly though.

After the intense workout, I wanted to deep clean the house. So that's what we did. Almost every room is clean and we got rid of some old clothes. I still have the itch to get more done though. At least we'll have clean sheets for bed tonight -- that's my favorite! LoL

We finished up around 6, I bathed, we had dinner, then tried watching a couple History channel shows. We opted not to finish them because they were too doomsday-ish and depressing. Instead we watched a show about how to put in a bathroom in your basement... hehe. We dream of magically obtaining a hundred-thousand dollars to beautify our house and finish our basement. Doubtful, but in the meantime we'll get ideas on the how part of doing it. :)

I try not to dwell much on my dad. It's too weird when I think about it. I think I'm distancing myself from it and will look back on it again after some time. I did get teary again last night. It's weird to think he's not rolling around in his wheelchair in the nursing home anymore. My aunt called and said they're going to have a memorial service for him in Puxico and will bury his ashes in their family spot. That's even more bizarre for me to think about...

On a happier note, Mikayla is spouting out new words like she's been doing it for years. She finally started saying 'milk' which is so helpful. Before she would just whine about it. I really can't wait for her cold to be gone and her canines to be in -- she deserves to feel decent again!

4 comments:

Sean said...

I'm glad your day went well Miska. I also think it's funny that I'm your first "follower", whatever that is.

I might just write in my own blog tonight.

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

yea!!! now I am adding you to my list!

NannaK said...

I forgot to tell you that I took a couple of pictures of Mika with your camera the other night. That's one of them. She is such a joy and so are you!

The Halls said...

Yay for readers! This is great incentive for me to keep up on this :)