Tuesday, January 13, 2009

So Sleepy

Today was a long, but good day. Last week Mikayla would wake up during the night, and we felt like we did when we had a newborn. This week she's been sleeping through the night, but her wake up times have been erratic. She likes to wake up early on the nights we stay up late, so we wake up sleepy all day. Not fun. I'm hoping she sleeps in tomorrow so we have time to workout, and I can shower before she gets up.

I pulled out the double stroller I bought for my nannying job to clean up and post on craigslist to sell. We were going to keep it for whenever #2 comes along, but nah. I'm not sure I like the side by side stroller anyway, it's hard to get through doors. Although I could only imagine how the tandem style is. BUT, the tandem ones usually can hold car seats which would be SO much easier than taking the baby out anyway. Although Mikayla may not even fit in a stroller by the time #2 comes around anyway. LoL


After all this we went to walmart for some teething tablets and toilet paper. We went to one a little farther away because it's cleaner and less ghetto. After wandering around we went to the checkout, where I realized I left my wallet in the other diaper bag. Dang! So we went home and later wound up going to the ghetto walmart anyway. I usually let Mika eat fruit snacks when we're there so she doesn't get grouchy. Today she thought it'd be fun to throw them on the floor as we went around. Aye yi yi. She took a late nap and I tried working on web stuff for my/our hopefully new business.

After Ian got home from work we headed down to Nana & Grandad's house for dinner and hangout time. It was yummy and we watched American Idol while we chatted. It's amazing the people who are either crazy enough to audition, or want some weird 15 minutes of fame.

We came home and put Mika to bed, and are now just about to go ourselves. I'm planning on starting to read "The Golden Compass" tonight. The movie was excellent, so now I'm interested in the fuller story of the book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a series I'd like to get in to eventually. Tell me what you think of it.