Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yesterday was a good day, Mikayla and I ran some errands since the weather was halfway decent (minus the wind). We played, and Nana and Grandad came over for dinner. We all had a good time playing together.

Mikayla also has a love for the Wonder Pets.
She calls it "ming ming", which is the name of the duck. She loooooves this show, and for me it's the kind where I watch it once and I'm done. The Backyardigans aren't so bad, a few of them I actually really enjoy. (Like samurai pie!) Well, yesterday Mikayla saw the Wonder Pets help the itsy bitsy spider. She became OBSESSED with the whole itsy bitsy rhyme/hand motions. Like, to the point she cried at bedtime because she wanted to do it. The first thing she said when she woke up this morning was "ming ming? pidewr!" We watched the episode about four times today. Before bedtime we decided to let her watch it one more time.... and wow. The spider tries to climb up the water spout but keeps being washed away by the rain. At one point the spider in a super sad voice says she'll never try again. The first time I saw it even I felt a little sad. The voice actor was really good at it! Well, tonight Mikayla was so enthralled by the show, she completely bawled at that part! I felt so bad for her. She cried real tears. She ran over to me crying saying "pidewr, pidewr!" It was so cute, it was all Ian and I could do to keep from laughing. The show got to the part where the spider did infact make it up the spout and Mikayla was stoked! Her eyes lit up more than they did on Christmas day. LoL I can't believe she's turning into a real little person now. The fact she's even capable of internalizing something like that is amazing to me.

These are a couple pictures from yesterday. The first is her in her little pony tail and the headband she wanted to wear. All she needed was a pair of leg warmers... LoL

Below, Kitty and Pocky were wishing it wasn't so windy and cold outside. Kitty's fur can mostly handle it, Pocky not so much.
The last picture, is what happens any time Mikayla enters the room.... the cats scatter.

1 comment:

blondeviolin said...

Abby watched that Samurai Pie so many times that my wooden spoons became hers and I had to go buy new ones. My kids like WonderPets too, but it's not one that I record or whatever because something about Ming Ming grates on my nerves. If they catch it while it's playing, great.

It's so sad that Mikayla was crying for the spider! It's so cool to watch them become little people!