Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's good to write

I've been inspired to write from many who blog and share their lives. I hope to do it as often as those who inspired me, but we'll see. I love the idea of easily going back and knowing what life was like for us a month, year, or years ago. Let's hope that this site never goes down. LoL It's still not the same as journaling by hand in a pretty book, but definitely much easier to be consistent with. Also, I've decided there's no point in back tracking on anything before today, so this is our life as of Wednesday, January 7th! Without further ado...

This week has been an enjoyable one so far. I quit my job last week and must say it's very nice for Mikayla and I to be home again. We've made some changes that I hope make it a better experience for us both. We (or I) were really bad about waking up late and meadering about our days not doing much. Now we're making it a point to get out of the house once a day. We're going to start going to story time more, and toddler-friendly places. Hopefully find and make some playdates once in a while. She really enjoys other kids, especially ones older than her. They're just not as keen on her as she is on them though. I wish I could magically import an older sibling for her -- she would love it!

This year Ian and I decided to start working out in the morning 3x a week before he goes to work. We've been successful two times in a row so far -- yay! It definitely leads to a more energetic day for me. We would always try to do it in the evening like we did in the good ol' days, but by then we're always too tired and dinner happens too late. So yeah -- here's hoping this works out for us.

Mikayla's been sick a lot lately. One cold after another. She's had an icky runny nose since last week, and doesn't appear to be abating any time soon. Thank goodness for lotiony-tissues, that's all I've got to say.

Today was uneventful. Mikayla and I picked up a few groceries and played. I was really tired today and took a nap when she did. She's been waking up in the nights lately, mostly because of her nose I think. Ian's great and gets up a lot. She comes to me a lot for comfort in the day time, but when she's asleep and wakes up all she wants to do is cry for me. Still -- I'm hoping for a solid night of sleep soon! I go off and on wanting #2 to come join us soon, but I REALLY don't want to have two keeping me up at night. I'd be useless to both all day long.

On New Year's Eve we were playing a card version of Scattergories where you have to slap the card and show "I know!" and then the answer. Mikayla picked up on that, and now she'll run around the house saying "I know! Mommy!" or "I know! Banana!" or "I know! Stinky!" It's sooo cute. She also loves the 'Old MacDonald' song, especially the cow line. She'll go around saying "e-i-e-i-o and a moo and a moo moo and a moo e-i-e-i-o." Then she'll be finished and put up her hands saying "All donnnnne". I absolutely love it! She is such a clown and such a wonderful addition to our family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for blogs!! Welcome to the bandwagon my dear. I suppose if you're onboard now then I should update mine more.. ugh, damn you. :P