Last night we had band practice, and I'm really excited about it this time. We have some good music this time around which of course makes it much more enjoyable to play. One piece we're doing is Holst's 'First Suite for Military Band in Eb'. (Did I already mention this? It feels like de ja vu). Anyway, I LOVE Holst and I love the two suites he wrote. Like, I used to play a cd of the songs and play along on my clarinet. LoL I'm on the second clarinet part and while it's nice to hear more of the harmonies and submelodies, it's not what my fingers have memorized. Playing the part I'm used to makes me feel like I'm literally in the music, and that's really hard to do on second part. Oh well, at least we get to play Holst at all!
Today Mikayla and I went to the "tree house" play area at the Broomfield rec center with a friend from church. It was a perfect play place! Mikayla loved it. I climbed through with her so she would know where to go. Then she went on her own and I was amazed, because she often gets shy about that kind of thing. A little redheaded girl of about 6 or 7 randomly collected Mikayla and took her through the play area and climbed around with her. Mikayla loves older kids so of course she was delighted. She also stole other people's shoes and tried to convince me to put them on her feet. Everything she does makes me laugh because it's so cute!
Towards the end of the day I was cleaning the house and vacuuming, and Mikayla came up to me with her foam book of animals. It's a neat book because you can pull out the animals and see their baby animal underneath. She wanted me to put the hen back in place, so I did and handed the book back to her to get more pieces. I'll also mention I was utterly grouchy for no apparently reason at this time, so I was annoyed that she was interrupting my vacuuming. She came back with more animals to put in, and as I was in a squat position on the floor she turned around to sit in my lap. With no lap in place, she wound up on the floor in front of me, which was suddenly the most hysterical thing in the world! I went ahead and sat down so she could sit in my lap after all. My grouchy mood dissipated as I laughed at her cuteness in wanting to sit on my lap in the middle of the kitchen floor while I had the vacuum going. I love my little angel. :)
Below is Mikayla doing a really great funny face she randomly started doing lately. It makes her look like a little old lady who lost her teeth!
2 comments:
Ahh! You started a blog! yay!
I can't believe how big Mikayla is getting! How old is she now?
She's 20 months now... she'll be two four days before Abby. Aye yi yi!
Post a Comment